I make pizza at least once a week. But when I say that I make pizzas, I really mean making them from scratches ! I’m totally into bread making recently, I make my own burger buns and I love cinnamon rolls… And well, compared to those 2, pizza is definitely the easiest so don’t hesitate, you’ll taste the difference !
TO MAKE ONE BIG PIZZA
- 300g flour (I love to add 1/3 corn flour, I love the taste)
- 120ml lukewarm water
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- 1 pinche of sal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry tomato flakes (I get mine from a tiny little Egyptian grocery store !)
- 1 tsp basil (finely chopped)
- In a small bowl dissolve the yeast and the sugar in half the water. Let sit till it bubbles
- In a big bowl combine the flour, the yeast, le rest of the water and all the other ingredients. Mix first using a wooden spoon and then knead on a floured surface for at least 5mn. The dough should be soft and springy.
- Put the dough back in the bowl, cover and let sit for an hour or so. It should double in volume.
- After an hour punch it down, transfer to pastry sheet and shape your pizza using a rolling pin.
- Garnish the dough and bake 15 minutes at 200°C (400°F)
- In a small bowl mix one small can of tomato paste with 1 Tsp olive oil, 1 tsp balsamico, 1 Tsp sugar + some lukewarm water.
I guess you’ll know how to garnish your pizza ! Personally I love veggie pizza with roasted eggplant, zucchini & pepper… Although I try to eat vegan I still haven’t found a good replacement to the melting cheese on top !! (You might spot some tiny little bits of bacon on that pizza… Well, that’s my other half’s half!