I still remember those noodles I had in Chiang Mai many years ago… Spicy, chewy and crunchy at the same time ! I decided to try it at home, using spaghetti !
Here’s my recipe …
Ingredients (for 2 very hungry people)
- 250g spaghetti (whole wheat preferred )
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml)
- 250ml stock (any flavor you fancy)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp good quality curry powder
- few veggies diced (eggplant or mushroom)
- 1 lime
- vegetable oil (to fry)
- Cook you spaghetti al dente
- During that time heat a little oil in a pan. Fry the ginger and garlic. Add the curry paste and curry powder.
- Pour the coconut milk and stock, add the veggies and bring to the boil.
- Drain the pasta. Keep one half warm and dry the other half with kitchen paper.
- Deep-fry the pasta until golden. Remove carefully and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve the cooked noodles on the plate, cover with curry soup and top with the fried noodle nest.
- Add a dash of lime juice and fresh coriander and enjoy !